The objective of this program is to support small businesses subject
to closure or highly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown
restrictions announced by the Queensland Government, to adapt and
sustain their operations, and build resilience.
The program aims to see small and micro businesses:
- prepare for the safe resumption of trading in the post COVID-19 recovery
- continue to meet operating costs
- access digital technologies to rebuild business operations and transition to a new way of doing business
- respond to online opportunities, where possible, to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth
- upskill and reskill business owners and staff to benefit from new technologies or business models
- embrace business diversification to adapt and sustain operations
- create or retain employment.
The available grant amount is a minimum of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
Note: Grant funds can be used towards any of the above activities occurring from 23 March 2020 onwards, keeping in mind the project must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from the date of approval.