The Skilling Australia’s Defence Industry Grants Program will provide grants to businesses over three years to help develop defence sector skills and human resources practices and training plans.
The program aims to:
- reduce barriers faced by Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the defence sector when upskilling or retraining staff
- develop skills within SMEs in the defence sector
- support SMEs in the defence sector to establish human resources practices and training plans that will build lifelong learning activities into their business.
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be non-income tax exempt (unless you are a defence industry association training your own staff or facilitating training to businesses you are representing).
and be one of the following entities:
- an entity, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
They will only accept applications from:
- SMEs with less than 200 employees that currently service, or intend to service, the defence industry sector and meet one of the following requirements:
- have a current Defence contract
- be currently tendering or preparing to tender for a Defence contract
- be a current subcontractor to a Defence prime or contracted through the Prime’s supply chain to deliver on Defence projects.
- Defence industry associations for training their own staff or for facilitating training to businesses they are representing.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- income tax exempt (unless you are a defence industry association training your own staff or facilitating training to businesses you are representing)
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
This grant is currently ongoing, with no closing date.