The Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science
are Australia’s most prestigious and highly regarded awards for
outstanding achievements in:
- scientific research
- research-based innovation
- excellence in science teaching
The prizes will award up to $750,000 each year for outstanding
achievements. Information on the prizes for science teaching is on our
Science Teaching Prizes page.The Science Prizes recognise the
achievements and success of Australian scientists and innovators, and
benefits to both Australia and the rest of the world.
We welcome nominations of diverse candidates and those from a different range of backgrounds and geographical regions.
There are 5 science prizes for science and innovation:
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Science ($250,000)
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Innovation ($250,000)
- Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year ($50,000)
- Frank Fenner Prize for Life Scientist of the Year ($50,000)
- Prize for New Innovators ($50,000)
Each prize recipient receives a medallion, lapel pin, prize money as described above and an award certificate.
Applications close 5pm, 10th February 2022.