The Manufacturing Collaboration Stream supports large-scale manufacturing projects with:
- business-to-business collaboration at their core and/or
- business-to-research collaboration at their core.
This stream will catalyse long-term transformation in the National Manufacturing Priority areas. It will focus private and public investment to help create the environment and incentives for Australian manufacturers to:
- scale up
- move towards higher value added activities
- become more competitive.
Applicants should show how their project aligns with the grant objectives.
The objectives of the Manufacturing Collaboration Stream are to:
- Foster collaboration between businesses, research organisations, investors and other parties to realise transformation in Australia’s manufacturers towards higher value added segments of the manufacturing ‘smile curve’
- Support manufacturers to work together to build manufacturing networks and ecosystems, unlock complementary capabilities, overcome barriers to scale and grow, and access global markets
- Support long-term job creation and a more highly skilled workforce in the Australian manufacturing sector
- Increase investment in Australian manufacturing, particularly in high-value added activities
- Increase manufacturing capability, business acumen, knowledge diffusion and expertise.