The fund supports projects consistent with objectives of the Queensland Hydrogen Industry Strategy to increase supply of renewable hydrogen in Queensland. This focus is on:
- attracting investment to developments and infrastructure to produce renewable hydrogen
- increasing production, storage, transport and use of hydrogen (or its derivatives)
- reducing costs across the supply chain for hydrogen deployment and users
- developing domestic and export end-use markets
- demonstrating the benefits, safety and sustainability of the industry, including regional employment and training opportunities
- leveraging private sector investment and third-party funding to accelerate large-scale developments.
Applications close 5pm, 2nd June 2021.