The Industrial Transformation Research Hubs scheme engage Australia’s best researchers to develop collaborative solutions to Industrial Transformation Priorities and to train the future research workforce. The scheme supports joint research activity, between the Australian higher education sector and industry, designed to focus on strategic outcomes that cannot be realised independently of each other.
The Industrial Transformation Research Hubs scheme encourages and supports university-based researchers and industry to work together to find solutions to a range of strategic priorities facing Australian industries. These priorities are identified by the ARC as the Industrial Transformation Priorities.
The current Industrial Transformation Priorities are:
- Advanced Manufacturing;
- Cyber Security;
- Food and Agribusiness;
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals;
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services; and
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources.
The objectives of the Industrial Transformation Research Hubs grant opportunity are to:
- Support collaborative research projects between universities and organisations outside the Australian higher education sector that involved cutting-edge research on new technologies; and
- leverage national and international investment in targeted industry sectors, including from industry and other research end-users.